Friday, June 10, 2011

Fun Stuff Friday - Books!

    

     Ah, the joy of reading!  My love of books was passed down to me from my mom at a very young age, when during summer vacation, we would walk to the library and spend an afternoon deciding which books to check out.  Nate the Great was always a favorite (maybe that's because I, too, adore pancakes!) and the Choose your Own Adventure books couldn't be beat.  What a great concept for young minds - letting them decide how their story ends.  I moved on to the Nancy Drew series, and loved tagging along with her and her gal pals, Bess and George, as they solved mysteries.
     My love of books still continues to this day.  I admit, I am one of those people that judges a book by it's cover.  Sorry to say!  I will almost always pick up a book if the cover looks fun.  Target usually has interesting choices in their Club Picks section, and of course, Barnes and Noble displays all their new fiction (I'm a fan of paperback), to grab my attention as soon as I walk in!   For me, books not only provide a relaxing pasttime, but they also do double duty as decor pieces. 

GoodReads is a fun website for fellow readers - http://www.goodreads.com.

Here are some of the books on my next to read stack:

Salting Roses, by Lorelle Marinello
Table Manners, by Mia King
There's Cake in my Future, by Kim Gruenenfelder

How about you? What are you reading these days?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy - so glad I came upon your blog! If you are looking for a read that you can't put down, go for The Hunger Games! Looking forward to reading your blog! Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hunger Games is on my list to read - thanks for the recommendation! My husband has read it and enjoyed it, too. Did you know they're making a movie based on the book?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...